So you know that you have to kiss an awful lot of frogs to find a prince don't you??? Well apparently it's the same with collage - it's obviously going to take me lots of goes to get something useful, but that's what sketchbooks are for and I'm ok with sharing my failures!
Things I really liked about it: I liked the idea of having a separate shape in the layout which could be a focal point or just be an area of difference. I liked the balance of an offset shape and the addition of interest at one side. I liked the madness of the background texture.
Where I think I could improve: lesson the madness of the background texture. I should have concentrated and not gone down a well worn path and realized less is more. Use a graphic instead of a cut out image, and make sure it has some interest of itself ie a sketch/print. Make the side interest relate to the main image. Be a bit more delicate!
I started off with this:
Adding background papers
Adding ink and posca pens
Adding paints to redo the pomegranite which looks more like an orange ball! No time to do anything meaningful here as I decided to abandon and try again.
Close up of background textures.